An Introduction to Forest Learning - 1 day workshops
- 28 June, Karawatha Forest Discovery Centre, Brisbane
Suitable for: Designed for educators working with children aged from 2 to 10 years old, including early childhood, FDC, OSHC, home school and Primary School Educators.
- Explore principles and practice of Forest Learning: the history, ethos, approach and the benefits for modern children.
- Learn techniques to implement these principles and practices in the context of your service or community.
- Take part in a selection of adaptable and practical Forest Learning activities.
- Explore a ‘typical’ Forest Learning session, along with the necessary procedures and routines to put in place, including risk-benefit assessments.
- Engage in a collaborative discussion into current barriers restricting Forest Learning and scaffold strategies to support your setting with overcoming these.
- Receive an introduction to planning and recording learning experiences to meet curriculum demands and external expectations.
- Learn ‘tried and tested’ suggestions to help you get other colleagues and parents on board and in support of outdoor play developments in your setting.
- Receive guidance on crafting achievable development plans for your setting and some quick tips to get you started from day 1!
- Receive a free introductory start up pack of resources to take back to your setting.
Cost: $220 inc GST
Click to enlarge and view as PDF: