These one-day workshops are perfect for those wanting to learn how to implement Forest Learning into your educational centre.
Designed for educators working with children aged from 2 to 10 years old, including early childhood, FDC, OSHC, home school and Primary School Educators.
The content for all learning opportunities are linked with the Australian Curriculum, My Time, Our Place and the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Explore principles and practice of Forest Learning: the history, ethos, approach and the benefits for modern children.
- Learn techniques to implement these principles and practices in the context of your service or community.
- Take part in a selection of adaptable and practical Forest Learning activities.
- Explore a ‘typical’ Forest Learning session, along with the necessary procedures and routines to put in place, including risk-benefit assessments.
- Engage in a collaborative discussion into current barriers restricting Forest Learning and scaffold strategies to support your setting with overcoming these.
- Receive an introduction to planning and recording learning experiences to meet curriculum demands and external expectations.
- Learn ‘tried and tested’ suggestions to help you get other colleagues and parents on board and in support of outdoor play developments in your setting.
- Receive guidance on crafting achievable development plans for your setting and some quick tips to get you started from day 1!
- Receive a free introductory start up pack of resources to take back to your setting.
Cost: $220 (inc GST) + booking fee
Intro to Forest Learning, Toowoomba.
Date: Friday 28 July 2017
Time: 9am - 3pm (registration from 8.30am)
Venue: Koojarewon Youth Camp
26 Borghardt Rd, Highfields, Toowoomba.
Cost: $220 (inc GST) + booking fee
Suitable for educators working with children aged from 2 to 10 years old, including early childhood, FDC, OSHC, home school and Primary School Educators.
(click image to open in new window)
Past event feedback
Past Forest Learning Workshops have received absolutely glowing reviews, with 95% of participants 'very satisfied'.
"Everything about the session exceeded expectations…This program looks amazing and I would love to take everything on board."
"Just brilliant and perfectly aimed! Anya delivered the content ideally. It was very engaging and informative. I can’t wait for the Level 3 course. Perfect venue."
"It was wonderful to be given so much concrete, practical advice and information on how to implement this initiative in an Australian setting."
"It was a great balance between theory and practice. Anya's knowledge and experience helped to paint a picture, which was clearly articulated on how forest learning can be applied in our own Early Years setting. Thank you! We are inspired. Nature Play * Every Day will be our moto for 2017!"
"It was a Saturday well spent! Very inspirational and exciting! I am looking forward to doing the Level 3 course. This workshop had so many achievable and simple ideas."
"Fun, interactive workshop. Very useful information and easy to implement in our early childhood setting"
"The bonus gifted Forest Learning Booklet and USB will be useful as a starting point and will save a HUGE amount if time. It was also good to see activities in action. Thank you!"
"Lots of information to take back to share with my team. Best professional development I have been to!"
All of these events have a history of completely booking out!!