Want to get the kids in your centre or school outdoors and engaging in nature play?
Let us show you how!
Little Adventure Days were created in response to the huge demand from our community for nature play workshops.
They are facilitated days of outdoor activities of your choice that are run by endorsed Nature Play QLD Activity Providers; namely Barefoot Nature Play Pty Ltd. Little Adventure Days are run at your centre and are tailored to suit the needs of your service.
Little Adventure Days are the perfect addition to your programming and are ideal in any of the following South East Queensland* settings:
- OSHC – outside school hours care providers
- OOSH – out of school hours providers
- BASC – before and after school care providers
- ASC – after school care providers
- Vacation Care Providers
- Holiday Program Providers
- Child Care Centres
- Youth Organisations
- Primary Schools
*We are excited to roll-out this project, which has been initiated as a pilot project in South East Queensland. However, if you are from outside the SEQ region and would like to express your interest in Little Adventure Days in your region of Queensland, please click here to email us here. We would love to see Little Adventure Days become a state-wide success.
What does a Little Adventure Day consist of?
During Little Adventure Days children are offered a range of outdoor nature based play opportunities. These may incorporate some of the Missions listed within the Nature Play QLD Passport to an Amazing Childhood program.
Little Adventure Days are fun and adventurous but they also aim to inspire and empower children to have new outdoor adventures when they get home, using their new Nature Play Passport to an Amazing Childhood.
Age suitability: children aged 3 to 12 years
Group size: There is no limit to the group size.
Your service will be required to provide additional staff to maintain minimum staff to child ratios.
Additional Little Adventure Day Staff will be used with large groups to ensure quality program. This will be an additional cost for the program.
Contact us to discuss this further.
Time: Little Adventure Day Sessions are 3 to 4hrs in length
Space: Outdoor areas with space to explore and roam a little. It is preferable that it is a natural space that offers some shade.
What outdoor activities can we choose from?
There is an enormous degree of flexibility when it comes to planning Little Adventure Days. We are able to tailor a package to suit the space available, number and ages of children and the type of natural features. Examples of activities that can be included in a Little Adventure Day program, include:
- creating a rocky landscape for pretend animals
- Making magic wands and potions using items from the natural landscape
- Tree trunk obstacle course
- Chill out zone – hammocks and tents
- Water and mud play with pots and pans, kitchen utensils, buckets, wheelbarrows etc
- Water fights
- Billy carting
- Stilt walking
- Giant Jenga
- Nature hunts
- Den making
What does it cost?
Costs are dependent. The average cost for program is $15 per person
Please contact use for further details or to book you Little Adventure Day.
All participating children will also receive:
- A Nature Play Passport
- Licence to Play Outdoors
- '51 Things to do Before You’re 12' Poster
Terms and Conditions
- The minimum overall group costs apply and are charged at either 20 or 35 children to ensure viability and cater for staffing requirements.
- All invoices must be paid within 30 days of service delivery.
- Reasonable cancellation of the program by the contractee must be completed more than 48hrs prior to the day of service delivery.
- Unreasonable cancellation less than 48hrs from the day of service delivery will incur a cancellation fee of 50% of the program cost.
- Reasonable cancellation by Nature Play QLD can be completed at any time and any fees paid will be refunded to the contractee.
- Reasonable cancellation by either party may be due to, but not limited to, the following reasons: weather, staff illness, staff emergency, low amount of participants etc.
- Mud pie bakery will incur a minor additional cost and will be dependent on site conditions and clean up requirements