“Our environments will determine the sum of our children’s worlds”
About Nature Play Spaces
Awareness of the benefits of children’s contact with nature is growing. These benefits include:
- Keeping children physically active
- Improving children’s overall wellbeing
- Engaging and enchanting children in outdoor play for longer periods of time
- Increased resilience
- Building risk assessment awareness
- Developing strong connections with nature
- Growing children’s social capacity
- Improving and refining children's physical skills
Many organisations are embracing the idea of developing nature play spaces within their educational setting or local park environment.
We know that getting started can be tricky, so Nature Play QLD simplified the process and put together information, workshops and resources to help you develop nature play spaces that are also impressive, stimulating and inspiring.
See opportunities below, and subscribe to the Nature Play QLD enews to stay up to date with upcoming Nature Play Space workshops.
Nature Play Spaces Consultancy Queensland
Nature Play QLD now provides a consultancy service to help organisations and community groups create their vision for vibrant family-friendly nature based play spaces.
Nature Play QLD offer a range of services to assist people develop and deliver nature play spaces be that through design and construction projects or reorganisation and redevelopment of existing spaces and playground.
What is Nature Play Spaces Consultancy?
- Nature Play Space development and design workshops
- Tailored projects to suit individual needs and specific areas
- Project scoping and planning
- Key stakeholder engagement
- Site and risk assessment
- Nature Play Space design assistance
- Grant writing
- Project management and delivery
The initial consultation will be offered as a free service to clients.
Nature Play Spaces Workshops
Nature Play Spaces Workshops will provide you with the tools to transform your outdoor play space to a nature play space at your school, educational centre, park or community space, or for your own business.
The Workshops are aimed at grown-ups from schools, kindergartens or daycare centres, local government, community organisations and community activists, landscape architectures and more!