Consultancy is available to help you create your vision for your vibrant nature play space in your location.
It offers a range of services to assist you to develop and deliver play spaces through design and construction projects or reorganization and redevelopment of existing spaces and playgrounds.
Nature Play Spaces Consultancy Queensland supports individually tailored projects to suits your needs including project scoping, key stake holder engagement, site and risk assessments, design development, grant writing and project delivery and management. The initial consultation will be offered as a free service to clients.
Services available consist of the following:
- Inception meeting and site visit – includes free discussion (fee service and if a site visit is not possible can be conducted by phone, video or teleconference)
- Project Scoping – outlines recommended steps and actions following the inception meeting, (fixed fee - $200)
- Site Analysis* – full site analysis including risk evaluation, safety, site attributes or constraints, use of space and opportunities for play, accessibility, tree analysis, drainage, etc. (quotation and fee)
- Community engagement activities – optional engagement, surveys, meetings, workshops and more with stakeholders (quotation and fee)
- Risk benefit assessments (quotation and fee)
- Play ideas and resource materials (many downloadable and free)
- Developing project principles - to facilitate meetings with key stakeholders to develop a set of guiding principles for the project, additional fee. (free downloadable resource)
- Design development* - contact with the Landscape Architect to develop a design for your space. This may include engaging with children, parents and other members of the community (neighbours etc) (quotation and fee)
- Design documentation* - detailed drawings may be required for some construction, fee-based work. (quotation and fee)
- Grant Writing – optional support in writing submissions for external funding for your project, fee-based work. (quotation and fee)
- Project management* - recommended person with the delegation, authoritiy or qualification to arrange or construct the space. This should be factored into the budget. (quotation and fee)
* Landscape Architect Required
Nature Play Spaces Consultancy is coordinated voluntarily by Angela Wright
Angela volunteers for the QORF and Parks and Leisure Australia (Qld) and is the recreation, sport and open space planning officer for Redland City Council. For many years and more recently through work with Nature Play QLD, Angela has advocated for children to have better and more meaningful access to natural areas for a whole range of benefits including play.
Contact for more info: email@example.com or 07 3367 1989