Bush/Beach Kindy/Forest School Learning in Early Childhood & OSHC services (3 full days) - based on forest school model. Level 3
This 3-day workshop is suitable for educators caring for children aged 0-12 with all workshop content mapped to the Early Years Learning Framework and My Time Our Place. This workshop will provide educators with the theoretical and practical knowledge and ideas, to implement a nature play program – Bush and Beach Kindy/Forest School program venturing out of the service into the community. It includes resources to support the service implementation. This workshop includes content from the 1-day workshop - Learning and Playing in and with Nature - Nature Based Practice as well as in-depth information to develop Nature Programs including practical Educator Skill sets; Risky Play – trees and water, Fire as a Learning Experience, Ropes are a creative Learning Resource and Using Real Tools Safely
- Explore the principles and practice of Learning in Nature through Nature Pedagogy, the Forest School model: the history, ethos, approach, and the benefits for contemporary children.
- Explore techniques to implement these principles and practices in the context of your service play spaces and in the community in nature, beach, and bush settings.
- Explore a ‘typical’ Bush Kindy session, along with the necessary procedures and routines to put in place, including risk-benefit assessments.
- Explore curriculum possibilities across all play spaces indoors and outdoors.
- Explore the links to the Early Years Learning Framework and My Time Our Place.
- Explore curriculum possibilities including; Nature Pedagogy, Embedding Indigenous perspectives, sustainability, environmental education, and community connections.
- Explore how to support children’s individual needs within your program delivery and documenting learning experiences to meet curriculum requirements.
- Engage in a collaborative discussion into current barriers restricting learning at the Bush and scaffold strategies to support your setting with overcoming these.
- Explore the requirements of legislation, policies, and procedures and how to meet these.
- Take part in adaptable and practical Nature Learning activities that relate to Australian bush ecosystems.
- Engage in an action plan to take back to your service.
Receive a free comprehensive start-up pack of resources to take back to your setting.
$1200 inc GST per participant
Current Workshop Dates
Tuesday - Thursday 20th - 22nd October - Mt Coot-Tha, Brisbane