We’re thrilled to announce that Nature Play QLD will be hosting the inaugural Childhood Summit 2019 in Brisbane next year. Our team will proudly host this first summit, in a series of summits that will be held annually around Australia.
In 2019, the Childhood Summit will focus on the topic of ‘play’ – with a particular emphasis on the great outdoors. Leading speakers, educators, practitioners and gatekeepers will gather to discuss children’s health, community, infrastructure, environment, education, and other factors influencing the world of play.
The aim is to contribute towards actions that will protect our children’s future wellbeing, as well as looking at topics such as our local environments, and the cohesiveness of Australian communities. To empower a holistic conversation though, we need your help!
We want to hear from you
In order to deliver an authentic and successful summit, we need to understand what our children are thinking. This year, we're looking for young people (aged 13 years or younger) to share their viewpoints in a two minute video.
Whilst the content from every video received will help inform the agenda and discussion topics – one young person will also have the opportunity to be a guest speaker and ambassador at the Childhood Summit 2019!
To enter, children are invited to brainstorm some ideas on the following topics, and record a one to two minute video exploring:
- What does it mean to be a young person in Australia? What are your concerns?
- As a child growing up in this modern world, what is important to you in your neighbourhood?
- Are there things you see you are not happy about, would change, or need help with?
- If you could make changes to your neighbourhood, community, school, or your environment, what would you suggest?
Amazing prizes on offer
Contributing a video gives your child or student the chance to have their voice heard, and each video will provide invaluable insights into young minds that will help inform the summit. To say thanks, there's also some great prizes on offer for the selected ambassador:
- The opportunity to deliver a 30-minute presentation at the Childhood Summit 2019 - the presentation will be held on the morning of March 28th, and will be delivered to an audience of 500 grown-ups. The audience work with children on a regular basis, and are eager to hear the thoughts of a young person growing up in Australia.
- A speaker’s fee of $250.
- A brand new Vuly Play trampoline!
Thanks to the supporters
Our friends at Vuly Play have generously donated a Large Lift 2 Trampoline for the winner of our video competition, valued at over $1,199!
The Lift 2 is Australia’s favourite backyard trampoline; featuring a safe powder-coated frame and UV-resistant enclosure that’s perfect for changing weather conditions. The trampoline is also designed with advanced safety features, including a durable polyethylene enclosure, superfine mesh, and extra tall enclosure.
For your child’s chance to a Vuly Play trampoline, along with the opportunity to address the Childhood Summit 2019 as our ambassador – please submit your child's video entries via Dropbox by December 9th, 2018. We will announce the winner on December 14th, 2018. Good luck!
Check out some of the video entries so far