These courses are the FIRST opportunity to qualify as a Forest School Leader in Australia! It is a thorough training qualification which will provide you with the knowledge and skills to set up and run a Forest School or Bush Kindy.
Improve your confidence and ability to work outside with children, align your school or centre's ethos with that of Forest Learning and Nature Play. Receive up-to-date advice on health and safety, and how to empower children to manage risk....and much more!
After a hugely successful first three rounds of training, Forest School Learning Initiative (UK) are delighted to continue their partnership with Nature Play QLD and extend the provision of Forest School Leader Training to Queensland for a third year, enabling even more practitioners to lead Forest School Sessions in Australia.
The 5-day training consists of the teaching and learning of
- The ethos and practice of a forest school program and the links to educational theorists, the EYLF, National Quality Standards, My Time, Our Place and the Australian National Curriculum
- Children’s holistic development and how the approach links to self-esteem, resilience and emotional intelligence
- Risk management and health and safety policy and practice, including outdoor first aid scenarios
- Children’s brain development, learning styles, schemas and behavioural management at Forest School
- Observations and analysis of Forest School sessions with children
- The environmental impact and management of the Forest School site
- How to plan and evaluate Forest School sessions
- How to complete a ‘Forest School Handbook’ for your service
- An introduction to flora and fauna in Queensland and how to share the knowledge with children
- Common knots, lashing and building self-supporting structures and shelters
- Safe tool use, policy, practice and maintenance and woodcraft activities
- Fire lighting, management and safety cooking on a fire
- And much more…
- Early Childhood and Primary Teachers
- Educators with a Certificate 3 in Early Childhood Education and Care, Diploma, or equivalent experience