OUTDOOR PLAY POSITION STATEMENTS
See more information in the links below:
Next steps - creating the change our children need
What can you do?
- GET STARTED Read the position statement which best aligns with your sector or interest.
- DEVELOP A BIG PICTURE VIEW OF CHILDHOOD Read the other statements to be informed of all the challenges and opportunities associated with outdoor free play access for children.
- JOIN IN Talk to Nature Play QLD. We have a great and passionate existing network of partners already, but we can build, grow and be stronger. Nature Play QLD is already implementing lots of initiatives, which you may like to join, support or be inspired by.
- START SMALL AND BUILD Taking simple and straightforward steps in your local area will make a long-term difference.
- DECIDE ON NEXT STEPS If it is within your influence, consider how you can start on the Next Steps areas of the position statements.
- GET CREATIVE All efforts help, and not every solution will fit every community. Develop local strategies.
- SPREAD THE WORD Keep talking about how and why our children need outdoor free play.
- BE PATIENT It has taken 30 years for this issue build to the point we are at now. It is going to take a long-term focus to make the necessary changes for our children’s wellbeing.
- START WITH THE CHILDREN IN YOUR LIFE - Take your children out to play more often
- HAVE FUN & PLAY
The Outdoor Play is Everybody’s Business Position Statements were developed by Nature Play QLD
Ph: 07 3367 1989