Join us as we teach you the art of whittling to create your own primitive weapons for imaginary play. Ideas include spears, knives, swords and mallets all carved from wood you will saw down yourself!
Children will have full (supervised) use of our hand tools (including bow saws, pen knives, hammers, hand drills, etc.), a myriad of natural resources and craft materials to use as their imagination desires.
Where: Wildlings Forest School, Petrie Creek, Youth Ave, Burnside (behind the Sunshine Coast PCYC)
- Long pants (compulsory)
- Closed in shoes (compulsory)
- Togs and towel
- Rain gear for wet weather (we are an all weather program)
- A spare change of clothes
- Wet bag to put wet clothes in
Activities are aimed at 7-18 year olds. Children under 7 years of age are welcome to join at the regular price under the supervision of a guardian.
- This is a drop off activity, however parents are more than welcome to stay.
- Activities are planned to last for approximately half of the three hour session. Most activities will last the whole three hours, whilst some may last one hour, or just half an hour before the children decide to go and climb a tree, throw rocks in the creek or build a cubby house instead. We are child-led, meaning we will follow the interests of your child/ren. So please be aware that whilst you may sign your child up for a particular activity with a particular end product in mind, your child may find something else far more interesting to do!
Please email us (not Facebook messenger or Instagram if you can help it) with any queries at: [email protected] so that we can keep all our communications in one place. We are often out of range or in the forest running programs, so most of our administration work is done after hours. Thanks for understanding.