POSTPONED | New Date TBA | One Day Workshop for Primary School Educators
This workshop has been created for Primary School Teachers, Principals, and Deputy Principals. All workshop content and modules are mapped to the Australian National Curriculum (ACARA) and Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (AITSL).
Workshop Learning Outcomes
- Discuss the researched impact of regular outdoor learning on children’s physical, social and intellectual development, self-esteem and resilience.
- Explore how to embed and timetable regular outdoor learning experiences into your curriculum programming, supporting the Australian National Curriculum, with a strong focus on STEM and the Age Appropriate Pedagogy Framework.
- Take part in a group active planning session with likeminded teachers working within your age phase, mapping outdoor learning opportunities to the Australian National Curriculum Learning Area Content Descriptions.
- Participate in a diverse range of outdoor learning ‘lessons’, focusing on STEM and other curriculum subject areas.
- Explore strategies to record and evaluate students’ learning using a range of formative, peer and self-assessment methods, embedding a growth mindset approach to learning.
- Explore through a series of case studies how outdoor learning can become a key component in whole school philosophy and practice.
- Share ideas, resources and recommendations for developing nature spaces, playgrounds and outdoor classrooms at your school, including developing simple playtime and outdoor learning resource kits.
- Discuss and practically explore how to maintain student safety outside of the classroom through the development of risk-benefit assessment, policies and procedures and most importantly by empowering your students.
- Discuss suggested outdoor learning routines, expectations, rules and behaviour management strategies.
- Discover a range of implementation techniques to engage and inspire parents, colleagues, your senior leader team, the local community and of course your students.
- Develop a structured ‘action plan’ to record your next steps to implementation at your school.
Free Resources Provided
- Receive a 40 page ‘Outdoor Learning Handbook’ including relevant polices, documentation, planning resources, lesson plans, risk management procedures and much more!
- Receive a USB with an adaptable version of the Outdoor Learning Handbook, research, a PowerPoint presentation to inspire your parents and colleagues, and a series of short films for continuing professional development.
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (AITSL) Addressed
- Know students and how they learn - 1.1, 1.2
- Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning – 3.2, 3.3
- Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments – 4.1, 4.3, 4.4
- Additional standards addressed - 5.1, 7.3
POSTPONED | New Date TBA | Embedding Outdoor Learning Workshop - Sunshine Coast Grammar School & Nature Play QLD
Date: Wednesday 25th March, 2020
Time: 9.00am to 4.00pm
Venue: Sunshine Coast Grammar School, Grammar Function Centre
372 Mons Road, Forest Glen, QLD 4556
Cost: $250 inc GST
Suitable for: Principals, HOCs, Primary Teachers and Teacher Aids.