These one-day workshops are perfect for those wanting to learn how to implement Forest Learning into your educational centre.
Designed for educators working with children aged from 2 to 10 years old, including early childhood, FDC, OSHC, home school and Primary School Educators.
The content for all learning opportunities are linked with the Australian Curriculum, My Time, Our Place and the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Explore principles and practice of Forest Learning: the history, ethos, approach and the benefits for modern children.
- Learn techniques to implement these principles and practices in the context of your service or community.
- Take part in a selection of adaptable and practical Forest Learning and outdoor STEM activities.
- Explore a ‘typical’ Forest Learning session, along with the necessary procedures and routines to put in place, including risk-benefit assessments.
- Engage in a collaborative discussion into current barriers restricting Forest Learning and scaffold strategies to support your setting with overcoming these.
- Receive an introduction to planning and recording learning experiences to meet curriculum demands and external expectations.
- Learn ‘tried and tested’ suggestions to help you get other colleagues and parents on board and in support of outdoor play developments in your setting.
- Receive guidance on crafting achievable development plans for your setting and some quick tips to get you started from day 1!
- Receive a free introductory start up pack of resources to take back to your setting.
The ticket price includes the workshop, a Forest Learning Handbook, a USB of adaptable documentation for your service including useful policies and procedures, session plans, risk management documentation and much more!
Cost: $220 (inc GST) + booking fee
Forest Learning and STEM Workshop - 1 day
This Forest Learning and STEM Workshop is perfect for educators working with children aged from 2 to 10 years old, including early childhood, FDC, OSHC, home school and Primary School Educators.
Forest Learning Workshop - Mount Coot-tha
Explore and experience an established bush kindy site with the opportunity to discuss routines, tips, STEM experiences and overcoming barriers with forest school leaders.
Date: Monday 20th May 2019
Time: 9 AM to 3 PM
Location: Brisbane Botanic Gardens, Mount Coot-tha
Cost: $220 (inc GST) + booking fee
Personalised site specific Forest Learning Workshops
Organise a personalised workshop(s) for your service/school - we'll come to you and train your entire team!
Cost: 1 day - $2200 inc GST, 2 days - $3300 inc GST, (up to 30 educators). Larger group size available and additional travel costs may apply depending on location.
Past event feedback
Past Forest Learning Workshops have received absolutely glowing reviews, with 95% of participants 'very satisfied'.
"Everything about the session exceeded expectations…This program looks amazing and I would love to take everything on board."
"Just brilliant and perfectly aimed! Anya delivered the content ideally. It was very engaging and informative. I can’t wait for the Level 3 course. Perfect venue."
"It was wonderful to be given so much concrete, practical advice and information on how to implement this initiative in an Australian setting."
"It was a great balance between theory and practice. Anya's knowledge and experience helped to paint a picture, which was clearly articulated on how forest learning can be applied in our own Early Years setting. Thank you! We are inspired. Nature Play * Every Day will be our moto for 2017!"
"It was a Saturday well spent! Very inspirational and exciting! I am looking forward to doing the Level 3 course. This workshop had so many achievable and simple ideas."
"Fun, interactive workshop. Very useful information and easy to implement in our early childhood setting"
"The bonus gifted Forest Learning Booklet and USB will be useful as a starting point and will save a HUGE amount if time. It was also good to see activities in action. Thank you!"
"Lots of information to take back to share with my team. Best professional development I have been to!"
All of these events have a history of completely booking out!!