Unlike our Cubby Town workshop, this session is about building a shelter using techniques to protect you from the elements. Working as a team, we will use natural materials and resources to create a functional shelter.
We will provide guidance, inspiration, hand tools (such as pen knives, bow saws, hammers, hand drills), natural resources, craft and building materials for your child to use as their imagination desires to create our very own shelter.
Ages: 7-16 years (children under 7 may attend under the supervision of a guardian)
- Long pants (compulsory)
- Closed in shoes that can get wet and muddy (compulsory)
- Togs and towel
- Rain gear for wet weather (we are an all weather program)
- A spare change of clothes
- Wet bag to put wet clothes in
- This is a drop off activity, however parents are more than welcome to stay.
- Activities are planned to last for approximately half of the three hour session. Most activities will last the whole three hours, whilst some may last one hour, or just half an hour before the children decide to go and climb a tree, throw rocks in the creek or build a raft instead. We are child-led, meaning we will follow the interests of your children. So please be aware that whilst you may sign your child up for a particular activity with a particular end product in mind, your child may find something else far more interesting to do!
Please email us (not Facebook messenger or Instagram if you can help it) with any queries at: [email protected] so that we can keep all our communications in one place. We are often out of range or in the forest running programs, so most of our administration work is done after hours. Thanks for understanding.