- Year 3 Lesson Plans:
- Mathematics – Measurement and Geometry
- English - Literacy
- Missions found on the Passport Mission Control
- 51 Things to do Before You’re 12
- Identify symmetry in the environment (ACMMG066)
- Locate and collect information and data from different sources, including observations (ACHASSI053)
- Record, sort and represent data and the location of places and their characteristics in different formats, including simple graphs, tables and maps, using discipline-appropriate conventions (ACHASSI054)
3. English - Literacy - Creating Literacy Texts
- Create imaginative texts based on characters, settings and events from students’ own and other cultures, using visual features, such as perspective, distance and angle.
Educators can order Passports in bulk for children when you pledge to participate in Outdoor Classroom Day QLD, or with the order form here.
Register on the ‘Passport Mission Control’ website (http://passport.natureplay.org.au) to receive access to hundreds of Nature Play Missions. These missions easily become great in-class activities that encourage outdoor play and learning, creativity, discovery and exploration.
When Missions are achieved, children are encouraged to reflect upon, comment on and rate each activity online. The physical passports are also used for documentation of activities.
Passport Missions can also be used as a homework alternative, with the bonus that children who have spent their afterschool hours outdoors, rather than in front of a screen, will be more engaged for learning the next day.
Challenge your students back to nature with this list of fun nature play and learning experiences. These are some things that every kid should get to experience to create lifelong memories and healthy habits.
Share this list to inspire nature play:
Click above to open in a new window as PDF