- Year 4 Lesson Plans:
- English - Literacy
- Mathematics – Numbers and Algebra
- Science – Biological Sciences
- Missions found on the Passport Mission Control
- 51 Things to do Before You’re 12
1. English - Literacy - Interacting with Others.
- Interpret ideas and information in spoken texts and listen for key points in order to carry out tasks and use information to share and extend ideas and information (ACELY1687)
2. Mathematics – Numbers and Algebra - Money and Financial Mathematics
- Solve problems involving purchases and the calculation of change to the nearest five cents, with and without digital technologies (ACMNA078)
- Investigate and use the properties of odd and even numbers (ACMNA072)
3. Science – Biological Sciences
- Living things, including plants and animals, depend on each other and the environment to survive (ACSSU073)
- Science knowledge helps people to understand the effect of their actions (ACSHE062)
Educators can order Passports in bulk for children when you pledge to participate in Outdoor Classroom Day QLD, or with the order form here.
Register on the ‘Passport Mission Control’ website (http://passport.natureplay.org.au) to receive access to hundreds of Nature Play Missions. These missions easily become great in-class activities that encourage outdoor play and learning, creativity, discovery and exploration.
When Missions are achieved, children are encouraged to reflect upon, comment on and rate each activity online. The physical passports are also used for documentation of activities.
Passport Missions can also be used as a homework alternative, with the bonus that children who have spent their afterschool hours outdoors, rather than in front of a screen, will be more engaged for learning the next day.
Challenge your students back to nature with this list of fun nature play and learning experiences. These are some things that every kid should get to experience to create lifelong memories and healthy habits.
Share this list to inspire nature play:
Click above to open in a new window as PDF