- Year 5 Lesson Plans
- English - Language
- Health and Physical Education
- Mathematics – Measurement and Geometry
- Missions found on the Passport Mission Control
- 51 Things to do Before You’re 12
1. English - Language - Word-Level Grammar
- Understand how noun groups / phrases and adjective groups / phrases can be expanded in a variety of ways to provide a fuller description of the person, place, thing or idea (ACELA1508)
2. Health and Physical Education - Personal, social and community health.
- Plan and practise strategies to promote health, safety and wellbeing (ACPPS054)
- Explore how participation in outdoor activities supports personal and community health and wellbeing and creates connections to natural and built environments (ACPPS059)
3. Mathematics – Measurement and Geometry
- Calculate the perimeter and area of rectangles using familiar metric units (ACMMG109)
Educators can order Passports in bulk for children when you pledge to participate in Outdoor Classroom Day QLD, or with the order form here.
Register on the ‘Passport Mission Control’ website (http://passport.natureplay.org.au) to receive access to hundreds of Nature Play Missions. These missions easily become great in-class activities that encourage outdoor play and learning, creativity, discovery and exploration.
When Missions are achieved, children are encouraged to reflect upon, comment on and rate each activity online. The physical passports are also used for documentation of activities.
Passport Missions can also be used as a homework alternative, with the bonus that children who have spent their afterschool hours outdoors, rather than in front of a screen, will be more engaged for learning the next day.
Challenge your students back to nature with this list of fun nature play and learning experiences. These are some things that every kid should get to experience to create lifelong memories and healthy habits.
Share this list to inspire nature play:
Click above to open in a new window as PDF